Letters to Hope needs After School Instructors to teach children to be more empathetic, serve their community, improve their writing skills, and to learn some leadership skills.
There are many cities around California that are available for instructors to teach at, but we can make sure to find a location near you. This is an after school program, so the time varies from 1-4 pm, from Monday through Friday. If you are hired, we will make sure to work with your schedule by allowing you to choose your hours and days.
How to get started:
1. Fill out the application
2. Send your resume to our email (Doves@LetterstoHope.org)
3. Wait for an email for an Interview
4. Complete a training class
5. Get fingerprinted
6. Start your class
You'll be a great match if you:
- Are motivated to inspire children to become leaders, and spread kindness around the world.
- Are a self-starter, self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
- Are able to effectively implement and adapt curriculum and successfully present in a classroom.
- Are able to communicate openly in a professional manner with youth, parents, community partners, and after school and school day staff.
- Are confident in managing through challenging situations, and can address and resolve conflicts that arise.
- Consider yourself to be well-organized, have follow through, and high accountability.
- You are comfortable coordinating and communicating with other team members over email and text.
- Have access to a reliable vehicle or any sort of transportation.
- Can lift, pull and push up to 20 lbs. (of materials, paper, etc) without assistance.
- Are excited to work in a divers and supportive environment and make a positive impact in the community and the lives of the children.
- Are able to pass a Live Scan fingerprint check, and background check.
- Are able to attend the training class before starting work.